I recently read an article in Forbes discussing the trends, facts and figures for LinkedIn for 2014 and thought I would summarize them here.
So what’s going on with LinkedIn in 2014:
- It has now passed 300 million users
- 41% of people now report 500+ connections, up from 30% in 2013.
- There are now over 1 billion LinkedIn endorsements
- The percentage of respondents who are paid members–16%–is down from the result of 18% for last year.
- LinkedIn has 5,000 employees
- 2.1 million LinkedIn groups
- Average time a user spends a month on LinkedIn is 17 minutes
- Worth an estimated $7.5 billion
- 48% of respondents were spending more than two hours a week on LinkedIn last year.
- Posting individual status updates as a favorite feature rose 10% to 39%.
- The top 5 countries by user numbers are. USA (93 million), India (24 million), Brazil (16 million), UK (14 million) and Canada with 9 million.
- The top 3 fastest growing countries are Turkey, Colombia and Indonesia
- The most likely demographic profile is Male, Asian, 45-54 years, Earns $150,000+, No kids and has a Grad school education
- Who’s Viewed Your Profile remains the #1 feature for the second year running with 76% of respondents picking it as a favorite feature.
You may or may not be using LinkedIn as one of your social media marketing resouces but it sure sounds like they are going someplace in 2014.
Please feel free to leave you thoughts and comments.
Here’s The Number One Reason To Make 2014 Your Best Year Ever.
#1 YOU DESERVE IT
Ready to get started?
If you are thinking about starting a business
click here and watch this video that will show you 3 very simple steps to take in order to have a profitable business.
To your Prosperity,