I have been reading the book “Change Your Thinking Change Your Life” by Brian Tracy and I decided to share some of my favorite quotes from Mr. Tracy.
1. “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.”
2. “If you wish to achieve worthwhile things in your personal and career life, you must become a worthwhile person in your own self-development.”
3. “The true measure of the value of any business leader and manager is performance.”
4. “Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance.”
5. “People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine.”
6. “The more credit you give away, the more will come back to you. The more you help others, the more they will want to help you.”
7. “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, ‘What’s in it for me?’”
8. “All successful people are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.”
9. “Whatever you believe with feeling becomes your reality.”
10. “It doesn’t matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going.”
11. “I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.”
12. “Imagine no limitations; decide what’s right and desirable before you decide what’s possible.”
13. “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.”
14. “No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals.”
15. “The person we believe ourselves to be will always act in a manner consistent with our self-image.”
16. “Successful people are simply those with successful habits.”
17. “The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term, is the indispensable prerequisite for success.” –
18. “You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.”
19. “Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.”
20. “The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.”
21. “The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.”
22. “You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.”
23. “Just as you become what you think about, you also become what you say to yourself.
24. “Whatever we expect with confidence becomes our own self-fulfilling prophecy.”
25. “Because of the power of your self-image, you always perform on the outside consistent with the picture you have of yourself on the inside.”
26. “You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.”
27. “Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear.”
28. The two major fears we all develop are the fear of failure or loss and the fear of criticism or rejection.”
29. “Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.”
30. “Today the greatest single source of wealth is between your ears.”
31. “Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.”
32. “Whatever you dwell on in the conscious grows in your experience.”
33. “Your greatest asset is your earning ability. Your greatest resource is your time.”
34. “It doesn’t matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going.”
35. “Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor.”
36. “Committing your goals to paper increases the likelihood of your achieving them by one thousand percent!”
37. “Success equals goals; all else is commentary.”
38. “Rewrite your major goals every day,in the present tense, exactly as if they already existed.”
39. “Get around the right people. Associate with positive,goal-oriented people who encourage and inspire you.”
40. “Avoid negative people at all costs.They are the greatest destroyers of self confidence and self-esteem.”
Which one is your favorite?
I think mine is “avoid negative people at all costs.” That is often hard to do when our friends and family do not support or believe in you.
That’s why it’s so important to surround yourself with positive people. People who truly believe in you and want you to succeed.
Here’s a picture of the group of people I choose to surround myself with. They are not only my team but they are my extended family.
Click here to see the system that brought me to my extended family. Feel free to lock arms with us and become part of our family.
Leave a comment below and let me know who you surround yourself with.
Make It A Prosperous Day!