I have read “The Law of Success” by Napoleon Hill and I have also listened to his videos as he discusses these laws.
However, today I was listening to the Inner Circles Audios and one of my mentors mentioned “The Laws of Success”.
Even though Napoleon Hill is famous for the book “Think and Grow Rich”, “The Law of Success“ is another book worth reading.
Keep in mind that Napoleon Hill is responsible for creating more millionaires and billionaires than anything else in this world. If you mention Napoleon Hill or “Think and Grow Rich” to any successful business owner, they will know who you or what are talking about.
This book, “The Law of Success”, shows you how to succeed.
It shows you how to make money.
It’s a how to book.
Then Vick (this is who I was listening to in the Inner Circle Audios) pointed out something that I had not realized before. In this audio, he repeats the 15 principles. (listed below). Then he says:
“Where’s the how to’s?”
ANSWER: There isn’t any.
Success is all within.
You become successful from within.
No marketing tips.
No email guidelines.
No mention of mention of social media in the book.
SUCCESS COMES FROM WITHIN
“The Law Of Success” The Fifteen Principles by Napoleon Hill
1. A Definite Purpose – A Definite Purpose will teach you how to save the wasted effort which the majority of people expend in trying to find their life-work. This lesson will show you how to do away forever with aimlessness and fix your heart and hand upon some definite, well-conceived purpose as a life-work.
2. Self Confidence. Self-Confidence will help you master the six basic fears with which every person is cursed: the fear of Poverty, the fear of Ill Health, the fear of Old Age, the fear of Criticism, the fear of Loss of Love of Someone, and the fear of Death. It will teach you the difference between egotism and real self-confidence which is based upon definite, usable knowledge.
3. The Habit of Saving– Habit of Saving -will teach you how to distribute your income systematically so that a definite percentage of it will steadily accumulate, thus forming one of the greatest known sources of personal power. No one may succeed in life without saving money. There is no exception to this rule, and no one may escape it.
4. Initiative and Leadership– Initiative and leadership will show you how to become a leader instead of a follower in your chosen field of endeavor. It will develop in you the instinct for leadership which will cause you gradually to gravitate to the top in all undertakings in which you participate.
5. Imagination- Imagination will stimulate your mind so that you will conceive new ideas and develop new plans which will help you in attaining the object of your Definite Chief Aim. This lesson will teach you how to “build new homes out of old stones”, so to speak. It will show you how to create new ideas out of old concepts and how to put old ideas to new uses.
6. Enthusiasm– Enthusiasm will enable you to “saturate” all with whom you come in contact with interest in you and in your ideas. Enthusiasm is the foundation of a Pleasing Personality, and you must have such a personality in order to influence others to co-operate with you.
7. Self-Control– Self-control is the “balance wheel” with which you control your enthusiasm and direct it where you wish it to carry you. This lesson will teach you, in a most practical manner, to become “the master of your fate, the Captain of your Soul.
8. The Habit Of Doing More Than Paid For, is one of the most important lessons of the Law of Success course. It will teach you how to take advantage of the Law of Increasing Returns, which will eventually insure you a return in money far out of proportion to the service you render. No one may become a real leader in any walk of life without practicing the habit of doing more work and better work than that for which he is paid.
9. Pleasing Personality – Pleasing Personality is the “fulcrum” on which you must place the “crow-bar” of your efforts, and when so placed, with intelligence, it will enable you to remove mountains of obstacles. This one lesson, alone, has made scores of Master Salesmen. It has developed leaders over night. It will teach you how to transform your personality so that you may adapt yourself to any environment, or to any other personality, in such a manner that you may easily dominate.
10. Accurate Thought-Accurate Thought is one of the important foundation stones of all enduring success. This lesson teaches you how to separate “facts” from mere “information.” It teaches you how to organize known facts into two classes: the “important” and the “unimportant.” It teaches you how to determine what is an “important” fact. It teaches you how to build definite working plans, in the pursuit of any calling, out of FACTS.
11. Concentration– Concentration teaches you how to focus your attention upon one subject at a time until you have found a way to master that subject and have put that knowledge into operation. He gives you techniques on how to insure that your goal is concentrated on until you have completed that goal.
12. Cooperation– C0-operatinn will teach you the value of team-work in all you do. In this lesson you will be taught how to apply the law of the “Master Mind” described in this Introduction and in Lesson Two of this course. This lesson will show you how to co-ordinate your own efforts with those of others, in such a manner that friction, jealousy, strife, envy and cupidity will be eliminated.
13. Failure– Failure will teach you how to make stepping stones out of all of your past and future mistakes and failures. It will teach you the difference between “failures” and “temporary defeat,” a difference which is very great and important. It will teach you how to profit by your own failures and by the failures of other people.
14. Tolerance- Toleration will teach you how to avoid the disastrous effects of racial and religious prejudices which mean defeat for millions of people who permit themselves to become entangled into foolish argument over these subjects, thereby poisoning their own minds and closing the door to reason and investigation. This lesson is the twin sister of the one on ACCURATE THOUGHT, for the reason that no one may become an Accurate Thinker without practicing tolerance.
15. The Golden Rule- The Golden Rule will teach you how to make use of the great universal law of human conduct in such a manner that you may easily get harmonious co-operation from any individual or group of individuals. Lack of understanding of the law upon which the Golden Rule philosophy is based, is one of the major causes of failure of millions of people who remain in misery, poverty and want all their lives.
Want to know more about the Inner Circle Audios I mentioned above?
The Inner Circle is a collection of audios put together by successful entrepreneurs, to help you put positivity into your brain in your down time.
They are meant to be listened to while you are in your car, while jogging, cleaning the house, exercising, or just about anything else you can think of.
They consist of Mindset Training, Marketing Training, Daily Inspiration, and Entertainment.
These are life changing audios.
You can have immediate access here.