It seems like every day I am exposed to new ways to enhance your Twitter strategy. If you’re not using Twitter as a means of social engagement you should start immediately.
Start considering these 7 easy tactics to enhance your Twitter strategy that will help increase your business.
1. Determine your Twitter goals.
1. Interact with customers.
2. Distribute content to support lead generation and sales.
3. Engage with influencers.
2. Enhance your Twitter presence with a strong bio.
1. Does your photograph continue your branding and position your business?
2. Are you utilizing your 140 characters appropriately?
3. Is there a link to your website or blog?
4. Are there any appropriate hashtags you should include?
3. Strategically select the people you want to follow
1. Create Twitter lists. These are Twitter users you want to follow. While Twitter lists can be as large as you want, keep the number of people manageable so you’re not overwhelmed with the stream.
You don’t have to create lists from scratch. Use other people’s lists as a shortcut. (Note: Lists can be public or private.)
2. Find the influencers in your niche. Select the people, companies and brands that are important for staying abreast of your market. A good tool for this is FollowerWonk.
3. Take advantage of hashtags. Hashtags are a shorthand way of capturing information and conversations.
4. Build your Twitter audience
1. Engage with people on Twitter. Interacting with others on Twitter encourages them to follow you.
2. Participate in TwitterChats. This is a great way to get to know people on Twitter. One of the best places to engage is #UsGuys, a 24/7 Twitter conversation. Chats can lead to real life interactions.
3. Promote your Twitter handle on your own media. Ask people to follow you on your website, blog, emailings, in your store, and on other social media profiles. Have your employees include your Twitter handle on their email communications.
4. Include your Twitter handle (and relevant hashtags) in your paid advertising. Add this point to your advertising checklist.
5. Clean up your following. Unfollow people to remove bots and inactive followers. This may cause some people to unfollow you but it should result in more effective Twitter reach. ManageFlitter is a tool to help with this process.
5. Determine your Twitter content strategy.
1. Incorporate Twitter’s 4 types of moments into your content sharing. Specifically: planned, everyday, big events and spontaneous.
2. Plan your tweets in advance. Use a scheduling tool such as Hootsuite or Buffer to support your efforts.
3. Handcraft your Twitter shares. Don’t rely on sharing widgets. Add your personal spin by highlighting a special point or commenting on the piece. This allows you to retweet the same piece multiple times without sounding repetitive. For help check these viral tips.
4. Create multiple tweets from each piece of your own content. For example, stretch a post like this one by tweeting each point separately over a longer period of time.
5. Time your tweets to reach your key audience. Use an app like Tweriod to determine the peak times your followers are on Twitter.
6. Extend the life of your tweets.
1. Retweet your own content more than once. Guy Kawaski is known for tweeting his own content 4 times, once every 8 hours to attract a broader reach with limited overlap.
2. Include a call-to-action. Ask your audience to do something, even if it’s only to retweet. Where appropriate include a targeted landing page to your content or product.
7. Expand your Twitter content distribution.
Include “ClickToTweet” links in your content. Make it easy for readers to share your content. It allows you to craft each of the tweets so that they’re different from your social sharing buttons.
As I mentioned before, if you’re not using Twitter for your business, you should start doing go. Twitter engagement is vital to your business.
I invite you to get started in your own home business by taking action now with the iPAS2 Supercharged Marketing System. It’s a… leading edge, revolutionary, all inclusive, prospecting and marketing system for people building an online business.
Click here to find out more and how you can gain financial freedom with this system.