11 Major Attributes of Leadership as discussed by Napoleon Hill in the book “Think and Grow Rich”.
Watch this video as I share those attributes with you.
11 Major Attributes Of Leadership – Napoleon Hill
1. UNWAVERING COURAGE based upon knowledge of self, and of one’s occupa-tion. No follower wishes to be dominated by a leader who lacks self-confidence and courage. No intelligent follower will be dominated by such a leader very long.
2. SELF-CONTROL. The man who cannot control himself, can never control others. Self-control sets a mighty example for one’s followers, which the more intelligent will emulate.
3. A KEEN SENSE OF JUSTICE. Without a sense of fairness and justice, no leader can command and retain the respect of his followers.
4. DEFINITENESS OF DECISION. The man who wavers in his decisions, shows that he is not sure of himself. He cannot lead others successfully.
5. DEFINITENESS OF PLANS. The successful leader must plan his work, and work his plan. A leader who moves by guesswork, without practical, definite plans, is comparable to a ship without a rudder. Sooner or later he will land on the rocks.
6. THE HABIT OF DOING MORE THAN PAID FOR. One of the penalties of leadership is the necessity of willingness, upon the part of the leader, to do more than he requires of his followers.
7. A PLEASING PERSONALITY. No slovenly, careless person can become a successful leader. Leadership calls for respect. Followers will not respect a leader who does not grade high on all of the factors of a Pleasing Personality.
8. SYMPATHY AND UNDERSTANDING. The successful leader must be in sympathy with his followers. Moreover, he must understand them and their problems.
9. MASTERY OF DETAIL. Successful leadership calls for mastery of details of the leader’s position.
10. WILLINGNESS TO ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY. The successful leader must be willing to assume responsibility for the mistakes and the shortcomings of his followers. If he tries to shift this responsibility, he will not remain the leader. If one of his followers makes a mistake, and shows himself incompetent, the leader must consider that it is he who failed.
11. COOPERATION. The successful leader must understand, and apply the principle of cooperative effort and be able to induce his followers to do the same. Leadership calls for POWER, and power calls for COOPERATION.
There are two forms of Leadership. The first, and by far the most effective, is LEADERSHIP BY CONSENT of, and with the sympathy of the followers. The second is LEADER-SHIP BY FORCE, without the consent and sympathy of the followers.
This is really a great book and if you haven’t read it I suggest you pick of a copy and read it…more than once.
To find out more how we work together to build leaders within our company and help you build a successful online business, click here to watch this short video.
If you don’t have a blog or maybe you don’t have a successful blog, you can take this 100% risk free trial to get started now. Click here for your trial.
Click here to work with me personally.
The call I was on is called the “Think and Grow Rich” mindset call and I would like to invite to you dial in on this call at 9am EST Monday-Friday: 712-432-0900 – Access Code: 565762#
Replay Number: 712-432-0990 Access Code: 565762# (Usually up for 12 hours)
Please share these “11 Major Attributes Of Leadership – Napoleon Hill” with someone who will benefit from them.